Thursday, August 29, 2013

Boy

Boy, pull those pants up; get a haircut, nobody will respect you looking like that; go to college and get a degree, that's the only way you're going to make it in this day and age; always mind your P's and Q's; buy a lady a nice dinner, hold the door open, walk her to her door; don't you cry, or I'll give you something to cry about; this is how you plow a field; this is how you fix a truck; but what if I don't want to do those things? It's going to get you somewhere in life; this is how you throw a ball, you better be able to teach it to your son someday; comb your hair; put on your boots, no good work ever got done in sandals; keep your nose clean, don't you mess up with Johnny Law; keep good relations with the ones you love, they won't be around forever; don't you raise your voice; I didn't say anything; good, you keep it that way.

2 comments:

  1. I liked the final bit there, it really added that much more sternness to the father's(?) voice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate the diction/word choice in here. When I read "mind your P's and Q's" and "don't mess up with Johnny Law," I know the person dispensing the advice is of a particular generation. It makes the whole thing seem more real. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete