Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Sonnet

For you to love is a gift from above
You may only get to do it one time
We want to feel the sweet embrace of love
A friend forever you will always be mine 

Your hand in mine fits perfect like a glove
When our hearts meet the feeling is sublime
You lift my spirit like wings of a dove
To be without you would be a true crime

Never ending love there is no lack of
When you are around my heartbeat will climb
My feelings will not budge they will not shove
Your love sings to me like that of a chime

I've come down with the love bug like a flu
I hope you know my love for you is true

1 comment:

  1. Whew! You made things hard on yourself by trying to figure out a rhyme that would allow you to use it throughout the first 4 quatrains. Unfortunately, there's no sonnet rhyme scheme that works that way. You have ABAB ABAB ABAB CC. If it's the English sonnet you're interested in, you'd need to work with this rhyme scheme: a b a b
    c d c d
    e f e f
    g g

    ReplyDelete