Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Blog 15 Conversation

Emilee Cash: I went to Subway the other night for dinner.  (iambic heptameter)
Kate Ashe:  What kind of sandwich did you get? (iambic tetrameter)
Emilee: I got a steak, egg, and cheese with various vegetables. (iambic octameter)
Kate: Oh, that sounds disgusting. (iambic tetrameter)
     I get a turkey breast. (iambic tetrameter)
Emilee: Turkey breast is for hams. (iambic trimeter)
Kate: That was an awful joke. (Iambic trimeter)
Emilee: You will have to try it, I suppose. (Iambic pentameter)
Kate: Not even once. (trochee dimeter)
Emilee: You need to welcome diversity in your life. (iambic hexameter)
Kate: Food is thy medicine and medicine is thy food, Em. (iambic heptameter)
Emilee: Wow, you're a poet and didn't even know it. (iambic heptameter)
Kate: I'm not even mad, I'm more impressed. (iambic hexameter)
Emilee:I tend to have that affect, as is tradition. (trochee heptameter)

2 comments:

  1. This scansion is a tough thing a really requires lots of practice. Let's look at a line: "Food is thy medicine and medicine is thy food."

    Food = stress
    is = unstressed
    thy= unstressed
    medicine = stressed unstressed unstressed
    and = unstressed
    medicine = stressed unstressed unstressed
    is = stressed
    thy = unstressed
    food = stressed

    ReplyDelete